Thursday 1 April 2010

WOW! it's the 1st of April... Already?

I can't believe it's the 4th month already! I feel like starting this piece like one of the chapters in the bible; 'IT WAS THE 4TH MONTH IN THE YEAR THAT PRIME MINISTER GORDON BROWN REIGNED' LOL!

Well, it's been an interesting year so far and it's about to get even more interesting because on the 17th of April 2010, Rockhill Music will be holding a workshop for singers, songwriters and musicians at The Albany Theatre. Sharing her experience and providing practical tools for a successful artist is the Philadelphia born Isa Agape. She took a few minutes out of her busy schedule to talk with me about what to expect at the workshop and a few more interesting stuff.

Where do you write?
That's a good question. I actually write a lot of my music in the privacy of my room. Its rare that I will write a song out side of that place. But I have written a few in the studio during breaks in between tracking songs.

Why that space?
I think the reason why I write in my room is cause its private, I can work melodies out loud when no one is around.

I have listened to your third project '.. of Love & War' and I love it! what is the inspiration behind this new album?
The inspiration on the album was mainly people. I don't just write about spirituality, I write about relationships and in particular my personal relationships. So a lot of the songs are actually about real people.



You are passionate about equipping other musicians and singers like yourself, why is that?
When I first started I didn't have a "mentor" to help me understand the business of music. I believe that there is a creative side but there is also a business side, that if you don't know what you are doing can bite you in the back side. I've been bitten several times and I want to do everything I can to help people not make the same mistakes. So I created a website that helps people get to know the business side of music more, especially for those that are not signed by a label (indie or major). You can become successful as an indie artist, there are just a few things one needs to know in order to be successful as I have been.


We look forward to seeing you in London on the 17th of April, what should we expect from the workshop?
I plan on telling a little bit of my background and where I grew up. I want to cover how to go about developing a website for your music, how to use Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Youtube to promote your music and get sales, how to protect your music/copyright, how to go about recording your CD project and what you should do after that, marketing and branding, and discovering what you sound/genre is.


I read somewhere that you started off as an artist so, do you still paint or draw?
I did start off as a painter... I stopped doing that actually. But I recently have been wanting to get back into painting.


When you are not singing or writing what do you do?
I work a full time job on top of what I do with my music. So I work really hard outside of my side projects with music. I also love to hang out with friends, play cards and games, eat great dinner with family. Going to the movies every now and then is fun too.


I hear you love shoes too?
I do love shoes... Its one of many weaknesses for me. Where did you hear that??? LOL.


Thanks for your time Isa.
Thank you.

To book your ticket for the Rockhill Music Workshop for singers, songwrites and musicians pls call 0787 6541948 or 07957 466322

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can i buy tickets online?